“If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.” H.G. Wells
March 23, 2017
Dear St. Stan’s Families:
Bouncing back from disappointment and failure is truly a skill that must be learned. So often, we look to shield our children from being disappointed or failing but in reality those experiences are part of what makes us the people we are and those experiences also strengthen us to deal with what life will have in store for us. Life at St. Stan’s is full of activities, giving opportunities, and educational experiences over the coming weeks.
- The sponsor donations for St. Jude are due tomorrow, March 24th.
- Lenten mite boxes/donations are due April 7th.
- We are still accepting food items for the Middlesex County food drive and toiletries and cleaning items for the Ozanam shelter.
- On March 28th our 8th graders will be attending the teen outreach program.
- March 30th is our Math Night. If you haven’t already signed up a copy of the sign up sheet is in this week’s electronic envelope.
- March 31st is the end of the third marking period and Terra Nova pretesting will begin. Also registration is due back by March 31st as well!
The week of April 3rd is Terra Nova testing. These standardized tests help us in two major ways; first and foremost it allows us as educators to continually reevaluate our curriculum and our instructional methods. Secondly, it allows us to provide students with the educational experience that they so richly deserve. I ask that every effort is made to be on time that week as well as be sure your child is here so we can get an accurate picture of our students. If you have appointments scheduled for your child during school hours, I ask that you please reschedule them. As always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate contacting me.
Elena Malinconico, Principal